Monday, July 14, 2008

Bella Italia

Right now, I'm in the middle of my first solo Italian outing. Don't worry! I'm not out aimlessly wandering the mean streets of Rome. I just had a few minutes and Anna was in rehearsal, so I went down to the supermarket and now I'm at the internet cafe. I feel very independent and very Italian, despite the fact that I stand out like a sore thumb and I don't speak the language.

We went to the market yesterday, and what a time we had! We did a lot of shopping. Eowyn and I were shopping buddies and even got a couple of deals because we were both buying from that particular vendor. Then we went back to a pizza place that Anna and I had been to a few days before and once again had the greatest pizza known to man. Seriously, I think that you could eat Italian pizza everyday and not get fat. It's not greasy and doughy like American pizza. Then last night, we had our first rehearsal with the orchestra. We had worked with the maestro before, and he sort of reminds me of Dr. Scott, whom I loved. He's sort of intimidating at first, but very kind and accomodating. And the orchestra is fanastic! I can't wait for this performance!

I tried on my costume today. It's not quite as splendid as I had hoped it would be, but it's moderately wonderful. I have a big crown with a long veil, so I'm happy.

And now it's lunch time. We eat lunch at the hotel and it's weird because I actually salivate over the vegetables that they serve. I've never eaten so much zucchini in my life as I have since I've been here. Yum!

No comments: