Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I have arrived

Today, we finally got around to doing a few of the Rome essentials. We had a dialogue rehearsal this morning at 9, but then we had a free day. So Anna and I along with our new friends Gillian and Zack went and saw the Coliseum, the Roman Forum, and the Pantheon. Now, we didn't actually get to go into the Coliseum or the Forum because a) Gill and Zack had to be back by lunch time and b) the lines were EXTREMELY long. We've decided to go back later and go in, but seeing them from the sidelines is pretty impressive anyway. Of course I took a ton of pictures and will post some later. We did go into the Pantheon because it's free and it doesn't take long to look around. Then Gill and Zack went back and Anna and I had lunch and gelato. I think this was my favorite gelato experience so far for several reasons. First off, there were a ton of flavors. We're going to have to go back because the two flavors that I had (green apple and pear) were not enough. Anna had a chocolate orange flavor which I sampled and it was delicious. (Mom, you would love it.) Secondly, it was pretty inexpensive for the amount that we got. And thirdly and finally and possibly most importantly, the guy that worked there looked like an Italian version of a cross between Justin Timberlake and early Orlando Bloom, when he had short hair. It was almost more than I could bear. -sigh- I love Italy.

No comments: