Thursday, July 10, 2008

We will serve.....at a-five..... the cookies....

Grace will get that joke.

So, Rome is awesome. There's so much old stuff here. A couple of days ago, Anna and I saw the ruins of the temple of Apollo. Those have been there for, like, three-thousand years. And yesterday we went to the Trevi Fountain. Okay. Y'all know how I feel about fountains. And there are some beautiful ones here. But you haven't seen a fountain until you've seen the Trevi. It's one of those things where you can't actually imagine how expansive it is until you see it for yourself. Incredible. I'll post pictures of it soon. And, yes, I threw my three coins in the fountain and made my wishes. And Mary-Lacey says the legend is that if you put your penny in the Trevi, you'll come back there someday. So, hopefully she's right. I mean, outside of this trip. We're going back soon because a) my camera batteries died in the middle of our outing and I didn't get as many pictures as I would like and b) there's a restaurant nearby that Leah says has the best food she's ever eaten, including pumpkin ravioli.

"The Magic Flute" is now completely staged. We've been divided into our two separate casts and we know who will perform on which nights. And let me just say that this is going to be an AWESOME production. I wish that you could all come see it. It's going to be the highest quality, most professional production I've ever been in. I can't wait to hit the stage.

Ciao, mi amici!

1 comment:

Grace McClellan said...

I am, of course, sad that you weren't mistaken for a pop princess and conned into singing at an international music awards show by a really attractive Italian boy, but at least you're having a good time. Maybe when you return to the Trevi.